Hayden Panettiere Speaks Out on the Tragic Loss of Her Brother: "I Lost Half My Soul"
Hayden Panettiere has opened up for the first time about the devastating loss of her younger brother, describing the emotional toll as losing "half my soul." In a heartfelt statement, the actress expressed her profound grief, sharing how deeply the tragedy has affected her. Panettiere’s words reflect the overwhelming pain of losing a sibling, as she continues to navigate life after the heartbreaking event.
Hayden Panettiere Opens Up About the Death of Her Brother Jansen: "I Lost Half My Soul"
In an emotional interview with *People* magazine, Hayden Panettiere has spoken for the first time about the death of her younger brother, Jansen Panettiere, who passed away last year at just 28 due to an undiagnosed heart condition. "He was my only sibling, and it was my job to protect him," Panettiere shared. "When I lost him, I felt like I lost half of my soul."
Jansen's passing occurred during a significant turning point in Hayden's life. The *Nashville* star had recently ended a tumultuous relationship and was in the process of a career comeback, having found sobriety after years of struggling with addiction. She had previously sought treatment, including time in rehab in 2015 while filming *Nashville* and again in 2020, followed by a 12-step program and trauma therapy in 2021.
Reflecting on the aftermath of her brother's death, Panettiere recalled the emotional strain of seeing invasive paparazzi photos taken at his funeral, which worsened her battle with agoraphobia, a disorder that causes anxiety about being in situations that might trigger feelings of panic or helplessness.
Struggling with grief, Panettiere experienced a period of weight gain and found herself in a cycle of self-doubt. However, with the help of her personal trainer, Marnie Alton, she began to heal through long, therapeutic walks, which helped restore her confidence and allowed her to process her emotions.
Now, Panettiere says the loss of Jansen has changed her outlook on life. "When something that massive happens to you, you learn to pick your battles. The little things don’t upset you anymore because once you’ve experienced something so deep and catastrophic, there’s not much that can shake you," she explained. "I will always be heartbroken. I will never be able to get over it."
At the time of Jansen’s sudden death, the Panettiere family released a statement, revealing the cause as cardiomegaly, or an enlarged heart, along with complications from aortic valve issues. Though symptoms can sometimes go unnoticed, they can also include shortness of breath, irregular heart rhythms, or swelling, according to the Mayo Clinic.
Hayden Panettiere continues to honor her brother’s memory while navigating her grief and recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment